39.8 Miles away from the Buckhorn Tavern is Kelly, NM. At one point the town of Kelly was home to thousands of people. The mining operations of lead, zinc, and silver ores helped build America during the westward industrial expansion.
The name came from Patrick H. Kelley by 1884, Kelly Township was established with banks, churches, saloons, a health clinic, and mercantile stores. Later Magdalena was established 3 miles north as the AT & SF Railway terminus to haul the ores.
Kelly is now a town of two people, it is listed as a ghost town on NM website. https://www.newmexico.org/places-to-visit/ghost-towns/
More ghost towns to come!